Saturday, December 30

There Is God

I believe in God. In a being that is far greater – bad or good, right or wrong - than man.

I believe in the Christian God.

Long after I had written the above, I became a believer, a "born-again". My journey and my circumstances, my "testimony", that led to this is log and varied. Suffice to say that I reached a point where I had to ask for divine intervention (beyond my guardian angle) to get my life back on track. I had help (Have you ever tried to jump while pulling your own socks?) from a lovely lady who ministered to me over a period of months.  The most profound message that really tipped me over was the analogy of the relationship we have with new borns to the ones that we must have with our Lord. Babies are totally, utterly, competely dependant on you to feed, clothe, bath, prevent falls and everything else except maybe natural (automatic) body functions such as breathing and pooing. That is how we must give our selves to the Lord: totally, utterly, completely so he can guide us and provide us with the purpose to carry out his Will. "Seek ye first the kingdon of God and everything else will be given" is not a vain phrase. The God we serve, our Father in heaven is a jealousy God who jealously protects us from evil and makes provisions for our earthly life available - if only we would ask and totally, utterly, completely depend on him. The second message the lovely lady told me was that afer repenting of your sins and accepting Jesus as your saviour it is important to be baptised as soon as possible so that the Lord's Holy Spirit can be provided as our true guadian angel. Between repentence/acceptance and baptism Satan double his efforst to mislead us, casting doubt over our conversion and only the amour provided by the Holy Spirit which can only be obtained through baptismal can protect us from falling back into the old ways.

So repent and accept Jesus Christ as your saviour and seek baptism in order to have the power to deflect Satan's temptations and begin the journey to converse with God.

No comments: